Metrohagia is the term used to describe bleeding between periods, or bleeding unrelated to the menstrual period. Any female who has begun menstruating can experience metrorrhagia.
According to ayurveda, this condition may arise due to the imbalance of the hormones. This imbalance of hormones is caused by the aggravation of the Pitta in the body. Excessive bleeding may be due to the abnormal growth of the uterus or any other organ.
If the bleeding continues for long, the woman may feel headache, pain in the calves, giddiness and restlessness. The woman may experience pain in the back, the abdomen, or the hips when the menstruation starts. The flow may be excessive and may leave the patient extremely weak.
The physicians of Ayusya clinic treat this patients with unique combination of herbal medicines and life style management. The patients recover very fast when they go through the recommendations properly. The following guide lines have given by the doctors to the patients.
- Hot and spicy foods should be avoided
- Sugarcane juice, bananas, grapes and pomegranates are very beneficial in this condition and should be taken.
- Physical rest and mental peace are must for the patient as worry and anger tend to aggravate the condition.
- No pillow should be used and the foot of the bed should be slightly raised.
- Sexual intercourse should be prohibited.