Amenorrhea is a problem that occurs in women. It is a menstrual disorder characterized by the absence of menstruation. Amenorrhea occurs in pregnant women and lactating mothers. The absence of menses mainly happens before puberty and after menopause. In any other condition if a woman skips menstruation for more than three months then it is diagnosed as Amenorrhea.
Signs & Symptoms Of Amenorrhea :
- The main symptom of Amenorrhea is the absence of menstrual period among women in the reproductive age group. A woman who had missed her menstruation for three months can be called a patient of Amenorrhea.
- Sometimes a female with an oligomenorrhea history suffer from this menstrual disease.
Causes of Amenorrhoea:
- Primary Amenorrhea happens due to various developmental problems in the body, such as malfunction of the ovary in maintaining and receiving egg cells.
- It is also caused due to the absence of uterus in a female. Sometime this problem is detected soon after the female child is born.
- Primary Amenorrhea also occurs due to hindrance in the pubertal development. It is defined as the absence of sexual characteristics (secondary) in a woman after the age of 16.
- Secondary Amenorrhea is caused due to hormonal disturbances from the pituitary gland and hypothalamus. It can also occur due to intrauterine scar formation or premature menopause.
- Sometimes Amenorrhea occurs due to over exercise. So doctors often advise women not to exercise for a long time. This menstrual disorder is named 'athletic' amenorrhea and the problem mainly occurs in athletes.
- Hypogonadotropic Amenorrhea is caused by low levels of LH and serum FSH.
- Amenorrhea might also be caused by contraceptive medication.
Amenorrhea can be treated with medical intervention. Yogic asanas and Ayurvedic treatment are also effective for the treatment of Amenorrhea. Physicians of Ayusya clinic offer patients combination of medications and different yogas in following ways :
Along with unique herbo minerals medication the following guide lines have offered by the doctors to the patients for the best management and early cure
- Honey (two teaspoonfuls) and gooseberry juice needs to be mixed and taken twice daily.
- Another effective remedy is the mixture of Asparagus root and milk (one cup). It should be consumed twice daily